Sunday, October 10, 2010

beach


I am actually caught up on my work, as I have been on fall break. I drove down to the beach at Gulf Shores for a day and stayed with my cousin. This is what the beach looks like after the clean-up from the oil spill.
There were people swimming and fishing, and a local festival was taking place. Lots of people went out of business due to the lack of tourism this summer.
I had a wonderful day!
Now I get to go home and finish out this term. I'm hoping next semester will be less stressful.
Laura

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Laura - what a pretty photo. I am so glad the beach was in good condition while you were there. On another forum (or Facebook,,, can't remember), someone was recently on a Gulf beach that had the oil balls. I'm glad you enjoyed a much-needed fall break from teaching. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the semester will go better for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home