Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'M STILL HERE

Sarah, I haven't driven myself into the creek. Just very busy and very disorganized as usual. Unfortunately that has been the case my whole life.

In mid November I am going to have those cursed hammer toes and bunions fixed which means at least a month with a walker and only partial weight bearing as well as driving. I need to buy a lot of frozen dinners and make some (as many as possible) in advance. What a bother. However, I hope the foot pain will be reduced to a tolerable level and hiking with the canine crew will again be pleasurable. I also have an appt. with the gyn surgeon about a problem I've had for years which only gets worse (I won't gross you out with details) and vascular surgeon about the lower leg swelling. All of this medical hassle is in Asheville, 1.5 hrs away, because either the specialty is unavailable locally or requires inpatient care and I refuse to cross the threshold of the local chop shop except for outpatient rehab. What wild life I live. Oh well, none of my problems is life threatening, at least that I know of. Just falling apart.

I'm in the midst of changing banks and that's a hassle with hours on the phone. Changing my Social Security and FL pension direct deposit isn't as simple as I wish it were and I have most of my regular bills like utilities drafted from my account so I won't be late in my usual disorganization so I have to change all those.

During my surgical recovery I don't know what will or can be done about two young and VERY energetic dogs. There is a hugely obese high school kid nearby who is the daughter of my wonderful cleaning person and maybe I will be able to hire her to befriend Kit in advance (Rocky already loves everybody, presumably including serial killers) and take them for walks over hill and dale. That would be wonderful for her as well as them. I've always had this co-dependent urge to kidnap that kid and get her weight under control. Since I don't seem to be able to lose myself I guess I should do other types of good works.

Speaking of losing weight I have stumbled across the way to hear from DGSs in their first semester of college. I sent brief notes on a silly card wishing them each well. One is at Bowdoin College in Maine and the other at Hamilton College in Clinton NY. I was dumb enough to ask each what his favorite cookie is and now I've been baking cookies and of course have to have some quality control. The cookies are now in the mail and I've warned the boys that they will have to wait until I get back on losing track before they get any more. They are both very lean and active, one of them is on the cross country team and the other climbs rocks and runs so they can get away with it. They also have multiple suite mates so the cookies will probably disappear in 24 hours.

I've been reading the board every day so am keeping up. Anna in Spain, who posts on the Yahoo board is have some very unpleasant medical issues including a chronic vertigo which that wonderful gov't health system has been fooling with for months. She has finally seen a neurologist who has opined that it is "probably" and inner ear problem. DUH. That should have been the first thing they looked at about a year ago. She says the rehab system is over loaded so she's looking for a private one she can ill afford. Spare me from the government.

Jane at 3 AM because it's just one of my wake up at midnight and can't get back to sleep nights. Think I'll go give it another try.

2 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Jane - Don't you just hate those middle-of-the-night bouts with insomnia? I never had such things until after passing through the ManyPaws.

I hope your surgery goes well. Thanks for updating us on Anna in Spain. That poor thing, their gov't health system must be a nightmare. Gah! I remember the looong process they went through with her DH over his (I think) eyes.

 
At October 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

P.S. ---- "(Rocky already loves everybody, presumably including serial killers)

Jane, you are too funny. You had me cracking up with that one. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home