Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday with dog in lap

Don't know how well I can use the keyboard with dog#2 in lap, she keeps licking the hand cream off the back of my hands.
Yesterday about 4:00PM we had a doozie of a thunder storm. The power went on and off, and lots of lightning. Dog #1 started shaking so much, that nothing I did comforted her. I talked to her, put her on my lap, stroked her head, pulled the sm. quilt over her and put her by my side. She kept on. She acts like that on car trips, but this is the first I've seen her do it at home.
Finally gave up and gave her 1/2 of a doggy-Xanex. After 30 more min. she started calming down.
Hopefully there won't be a repeat today.
DH worked until midnight last night. The A/C work is going almost too well!
Trying to pick a week to go visit DD and family in N.D. I think the 2nd week of August should be OK. Their high temp. is about 70, sounds good! Now we just have to find a place to stay, as they don't have an extra bed. There is a flight on Allegiance Airline (anyone heard of it?) from Orlando Fl. to Fargo ND. twice a week. Then we will rent a van, as DSIL takes their's most days for work.
Got to clean out the wet, smelly bird seed out of the feeders, it seems like a hopeless task with storms every afternoon. Better than a drought, so I shouldn't complain.
Did anyone watch the US. Open in Pebble Beach on Sunday?
Sara in soggy Fla.

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 at 3:18 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Sara, it sounds like Allegiant Air which is a Las Vegas based airline so you get to have gambling on board. Sometimes, when there is an extremely low rate I fly direct to Phoenix to visit my daughter from Cedar Rapids Iowa. Lately I have been annoyed by all the add ons on their website. Often you have to unslect something in order not to pay for it, ie. extra leg room, choosing the seat assignment ahead, etc. The last time the price for preregistering the number of bags was more than the price for paying for each at the airport. Travel was good and on time though. The planes are small so sometimes they put your overhead carry ons in the luggage compartment as you board the plane and you wait there for them to unload it instead of at a carousel. (Maybe that was another airline now that I think about it.) In summary, I will say they are mostly equal to other flights.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home