Monday, June 14, 2010

Dogs, and back home

It seems that dogs and moving are topics we can all relate to.
Pumpkin and Polly did very well on our trip to and from So. Fla. My Mom is only 92, not 93 as I was saying--oops. She actually seems better now than a few months ago when I saw her. She reads the local paper every morning, is very interested in politics, and wants to know what's going on in the world.
She has a hard time getting around in her little house with the walker, too many angles and hallways, but is otherwise OK. My brother does an outstanding job of taking care of her.
About 10 min. after we arrived back home DH opened the front door to go to the neighbor's to get the mail, and dogs took off down the road, out on the big road, and ran up and down for about 10 min. I mean they RAN-guess they were making up for the time in the car. DH ran after them, I got the leashes, ran down to the road (in my slippers) and they both went the opposite way-I motioned to a pick up truck that was driving by to slow down. It is a curvy road, and the speed limit is 30, he went about 20 feet, saw the 2 dogs and stoped to get out and help.
He caught Pumpkin-the Alpha dog-- and I called Polly and she came to me.
Whew! Too much excitement after a long, hot drive.
I'm thankful that the truck did stop, mostly friendly people around here, and I've found that with 2 dogs there is almost an instant connection with other dog owners.
Moving--This is a spread out city--supposed to be the largest city in land east of the Mississippi.
Generally devided into 4 parts--the Beaches area--north, south, and the "westside".
The beaches area has a branch of the big downtown hospital Baptist Beaches, and the main hospital is actually Baptist South. There are 3 or 4 other large hospitals also.
It is a 30 min. drive from our house to the beach. Yes, city traffic. I could not relate to living in a vast area of the country like my DD is now in.
If I were really rich I'd have a place close to the area where Jane lives. I love the NC mountains.
And a place here at or near the beach, for the winter time.
Alas, unless I win the lottery it won't happen. Since I don't buy lottery tickets the chances of that are 0.
Friday is quilty morning at the beaches guild. --I'm calling it my support group, as in " I have support group on Friday morning, don't want to miss it". Will make appt. with real estate person to see a larger condo. in a building there I like. Maybe 1:00ish.
ROSY-I think that owning and running a B & B is lots of hard work. I love to stay in them, and have seen all types. The ones in St. Augustine (think there are about 30 in the historic area) change hands often. People think it is a fun, romantic idea, but it's lots of cleaning and washing, and so on. Two to three years is all most people do.
We plan on going to Peace gardens-DD is planing our vacation-on the border of ND and Manitoba, Canada. Do you know it?
OK, it's now 7:35 and I must get dressed and go for morning walk.
Sara in Fla. --going to be 95 today, as was yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home