Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday morning in the country

Grace, I'm glad to see your posting and how difficult these trips must have been for you and John. It's a long drive for you both only to have sadness waiting at the other end of the trip. You know your way in here if you need to stop for a cup of tea but perhaps you'll be staying put now for awhile.

I'm very glad to know that others have dogs that talk. Hope hasn't spoken since but that one time was so startling that both Mary and I were very touched by it. Ceilidh was the one who was the spark in the threesome. The toy box is now quiet.

The nice thing about being able to edit posts is that I don't have to keep looking at mine and thinking, I'd rather change something or add something. Today, I drove 1 1/2 hrs. s/e to the small town of Stouffville, Ontario where my step-grandson was participating in a dance recital. Dance is not what it was when I was growing up. I don't know how to describe what it is now. Certainly, there was some ballet and tap, of which he was not a part of but hip/hop, fast moving/good beat, I could have stood in the aisle and danced myself. Except I remembered something my mother said as she was in her late seventies: "I don't know who that old woman is looking back at me when I look in a mirror". I used to be the mother taking kids to things; now I'm the grandmother, elevated to the post my mother was years ago.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home