Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back from quick trip to Daytona

If I look at another condo in the next 10 days I'm going to scream. You would think with all the buildings that we have been in the last 2 days we would have found something that we remotely liked. No! What a waste of good beach time.
Since I had the skin cancer surgery on the left shoulder last Thurs. I have been careful not to lift anything, or do too much. I'm supposed to only have "quiet activity" for 3 more days. I guess that would include yoga and quilting.
I did get the beach chair out and go under the shade of the pier on Sat. morning for about 2 and 1/2 hrs. and finished reading a book and looked at the latest Quilting Arts mag. Walked in the water up to my calf. Lots of kids out and about. Yes, I'm using SPF 50, lots of it.
I've invited several people for a 4th of July party, next Sunday night. Going to have some of the neighbors over, and use the backyard. It does look good, even if I do say so myself. All the work with the hanging baskets, mulch, etc. paid off. If I get my bunting fabric from Keepsake quilts soon I'll make bunting for the deck railings. Going to make ribs, potato salad, cole slaw, etc. and hopefully it won't rain. There is a ceiling fan on the under side of the pergola, and a stand fan, so it should cool us down some. We have had such heat in the last 2 weeks. 95-100 almost every afternoon.
I haven't mentioned the BP oil spill in the gulf, but figured most of the people in the US and Canada already know about it. It is a crying shame. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the US are in the Destin, and Pensacola Fla. area. Not to mention the wildlife that is being affected. It's one of the examples of if anything can go wrong it will.
OK, it's almost time for Miss Marple, on PBS. I love anything Agatha Christy wrote.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home