Saturday, March 21, 2009

stuff

I went to a quilt guild meeting Thursday night. They had the raffle quilt on display. The quilt show is in September this year, so anyone interested and living near Huntsville, AL might want to check out the details at http://www.hsvquilters.org/ The speaker was Peggy Barkle; she was very interesting. She has a new book out now using the stack and slice method. It looks easy, forgiving, and fun. The book is Blendable Curves: Stack, Slice & Sew Unique Quilts in a Weekend.

This week is my spring break. I went down and spent a few days in Montgomery, visiting my parents, where spring is in full flower ( or should I say shower?). I got lucky and got the picture here the morning after it finally quit raining. I've always maintained that a good camera will do an incredible amount of your work for you.
The irises here are not out yet. We're 200 + miles farther north. The redbuds are in full bloom and the pear trees are leafed out. Spring is on the way.
Laura in north Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home