Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just checking in!














I lurk here several times a day, but don't post much. I still remember several of the ladies from the "old" board.


Looks like my pictures are posting first, in the opposite order that I had planned. First is my design wall, my big board pressing station, my cutting corner, and then my sewing stations. Now on to the explanation!




Life here has been very busy. DH has been gone alot with his adjusting job. He found out at the end of Jan. that he got a new job that he applied for as an Area Crop Representative. This new job requires him to have a home office. Well.... after much thought, we decided that my sewing room would be the best place for his office. Since our attached garage has never had a vehicle in it in the 3 years we lived here, we decided we would remodel it into my NEW sewing room!! It's all finished, and all I have left to do is find places for "stuff" that I really don't know what to do with.

I just finished painting DH's new office, and he has started moving in there.

The new job, and garage remodel came at an interesting time. DH found out he got the job the day after my Dad passed away. When I finished with all the funeral details, I jumped right into planning and working on my new room. Kind of seemed fitting as Dad was a carpenter for many years. Anyway, it really helped me to keep busy.

I'm so happy with my new room, and have actually gotten to sew in there a few times. The kids like it too. The older boys gravitate there in the evenings. Isaac -- who is now 6 has spent a lot of time in there playing with scraps on my design wall.

Ok, I'm getting too chatty here. Just wanted to share my excitement with all of you.

Happy Quilting!

Karen in KS





The sewing area





6 Comments:

At March 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

WOW! What a fantastic room, Karen! I love having room for things like a fridge, etc. One can certainly hang out in your new space with comfort!
Mary in Oregon

 
At March 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

PS - If you figure out where to put the left over stuff, please share your ideas. I rearranged my sewing room and still have too many things I don't know what to do with! Yikes!
Mary in Oregon again

 
At March 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

Wow! Fabulous room and the wall color is wonderful!

 
At March 23, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Maybe she is stashing her leftover stuff in the fridge Mary. LOL Great room. I'd love to come and sew with you. What a wonderful color for the space. Love the quilt on the design wall.

 
At March 23, 2009 at 8:13 AM , Blogger KSKaren said...

Thanks for the nice comments. Come and join me any time!

Extra stuff still needs to find a home. Darn, that freezer is full of other stuff.

The quilt on the design wall is a graduation quilt for a niece.

 
At March 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy for you! What a joy to have space. If I ever move, that will be the first thing I look for.
Happy quilting - Milli

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home