Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I finished #12,642

Good Wednesday to everyone.
I'm sure you are all dying to know that in the local run last Saturday my GFs and I crossed the line together in 2 hrs. 38:14. In the great race I finished #12,642. It was a wonderful day for walk/run/jog, etc. foggy and cool at the start. Over 15,000 people entered the 15K, or 9.3 mile run. The first few men and women got prize money, some as much at $7,000. Of course they were the 4 min. mile people and I never saw them. We all had a good time and got some exercise and didn't get hurt.
We spent 2 and 1/2 days at the beach in Datoyna and got back last night. The spring break kids are there, not too many. But enough to watch along with the retired people from Canada, Michigan, etc.
Back to reality today, I cut down and did a trim on more phills, some Lantana, and finally called it quilts when the 3 bins were full. Hopefully one of the grand boys will want to earn $10.00 and come over this evening or Sat. to finish the Lantana. They are too low to the ground, and it does a number on the back.
I'm going to get out the travel machine, the Janome gold, and check to make sure it is working condition. Next. Tuesday is the quilt get-away in Ocala, so have to have the machine working.
The news is all depressing, so going to the beach was a good break to uplift our spirits. Don't worry, we stayed in the shade and used lots of sun block.
Off to wash the stinky yard work clothes.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home