Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Retreat

""I'm beginning to wonder what the conspiracy of silence is all about !""

I love that phrase Marion. ROFLOL. Conspiracy, How shall I tell you??? LOL.
The retreat from my side was fantastic and I will, with all my effort ,to never miss another one. A lot of time I still chuckle at something that I remember and I have even laughed out loud to the consternation of my DH . I was never easy to figure out but lately I am worse.
It was hectic putting all of it together but soooooo much fun. The distances are greater here and trying to fit in as much as possible had me driving to check time tables.
I noticed some of the girls have posted some info all ready and did they mention how hard we laughed. and hoooooowwww much.
CeliaP had nothing to do with that, right ladies. She really was an angel. (lol)
I am still amazed at my DH. You know how when you talk to men , most of the time you hear, mmm, ya. ok, while all the time they may be reading something. Well that was how it was all the time I was working on the retreat time tables. The Sat afternoon when we were coming to Golden Lake I tried very hard to impress on him. I had hoped we could have been down by the lake but as it turned out it was rainy and cool, so we had to go to the house. Well he had everything just so and I was so proud of him, I was speechless.( and that is saying something) He played the perfect host and welcomed all the ladies. It was great, as was the meal we had at the restaurant after.
The" Deaconnaires" ( that is the group I sing with)sang after supper and then we had the trunk show with Catherine Timm. She is absolutely fantastic. She is a real artist with a sewing machine and thread. On the Friday night we had supper in a restaurant in Pembroke and the chef is a friend and he made much about the ladies also. When we left he asked when his quilt is coming , so the girls decided we would make him one. All the blocks have arrived here now so we will be starting to put it together in the next couple of weeks. Once done I will see if I can post a picture. I may not be able to here, because we still only have dial up and it takes forever, but we will figure out something. It will be neat.
Right now it is also very hard as my right hand person in the form of my BF, is having a real hard time. Her DH has just been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and he has been giving just a few months. We are praying the oncologist will tell them different, but it does not look hopeful. So a lot of time is being spent with her . For the girls who have met Dianne please remember her in your prayers and thoughts. She is having a really hard time.
Okay I better go now, still have some stuff to do.
I'll be back once I figure out another conspiracy. LOL ROFLOL. Oh what fun.
Grace,who says Hi Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home