Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ahhh, the retreat

What I remember most about the retreat is laughing (and of course, eating). We had show and tell, mostly with pictures due to luggage restrictions. Grace took us to visit a little quilt shop that was full of amazing and interesting things and to a small quilt show in a library. The quilts were great, although we were a little taken aback to see a 1979 quilt labelled "vintage".........wasn't 1979 just yesterday?? After dinner and a musical performance on Saturday night, we had a trunk show put on by an incredible woman who produces a wide variety of quilts, hangings and other examples of fabric art. She had machine quilted many of the quilts we saw at the library, but her machine quilting is only one small part of her huge talent. She even had Celia P. in awed silence; for anyone who knows our Celia, you know that is not a small feat! :-) Most of our time was spent visiting and getting to know each other better. And laughing; did I mention laughing? The goody bags were great. Lots of luscious fat quarters, chocolate, and interesting little gadgets. Marie's fold-up sun hats were fun and the source of much merriement for some. I'm missing lots of things here, I know. Maybe some of the others can fill in some more details. I missed the people I had met in Michigan who weren't able to attend, but I was so happy to meet a few more BBers, as well as some of Grace's quilting friends. My sister also came; I think she is on the verge of getting hooked on quilting.
In Michigan, I was impressed with the great job Mayme and Pat had done to provide us with a chance to visit; Grace was also an impressive hostess. Quilters are good people, aren't they?
Brenda in Nn Ontario

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home