Saturday, January 19, 2008

WORLD WIDE DISASTER

I get the feeling that everyone outside western NC has vanished from the face of the earth. I get hungry for human contact that isn't medical and nobuddy's posting.

Speaking of doggie wee (somebody else brought it up so don't blame moi. Shadow has become so comfortable with my neighbors who offered to take her in while I'm laid up that some territorial behavior has shown up. They are pretty serious hikers and often drive up to my house to pick her up to join them and their three vigorous dogs. The old very arthritic Brittany stays home and snoozes. Shadow is not at all happy about their new puppy that, of course is very cute and gets the center of attention. The other day they came to get Shadow and Ken was standing outside the open driver's door of his truck when Shadow shot out the door to join the fun. She leaped upon the seat and discovered Lulu there so Shadow showed her a thing or two and peed right on the driver's seat. The whole incident bothers me much more than it seems to bother them. I heard Ken call her sweetheart today when they came on foot to take her with them on a slushy local walk. I remarked on his calling her a pet name after she'd claimed his truck seat. He said that if that were the worst thing ever to happen to him he'd count himself to be a lucky man. I will be very comfortable with her with them while I'm hospitalized and cross my fingers that Shadow feels that she's made her point and doesn't need to repeat it.

My girls went together to get me a top of the line IPod for Christmas. It comes with virtually no directions other than referring to the web site. The web site is virtually useless and there are even terms left undefined. I've sent out a rescue call to the grands to call and help me get set up. I want to download a book or two before I go under the knife.

I'm getting close to finishing Greg's quilt so there is still hope that I can get it ready for mailing before I leave Tuesday morning. Monday is a federal holiday (Marten Luther King, Jr. Day) so the post office will be closed.

Just this week I have been invaded with spam. I installed a spam blocker supposedly developed in conjunction with Microsoft. So far all it has done is install a spam file in outlook express and has caught one piece of spam while I have caught and had to drag and drop about seven of them. Of course they are pushing to upgrade but I'll be darned if I will. I could have made my own special file for it without taking the time to download the program.

It's been very dark with temps in mid 30s all day, just warm enough to keep the snow that's been falling all day from accumulating. Now I remember why I ate and slept my way through those MI winters, especially February.

Cheers,

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home