Friday, January 11, 2008

Thanks Mayme !

It's 36degs (C) here today ! That's VERY hot for NZ. The photo of the "winter wonderland" was very cooling.

The summer weather seems to have arrived. We've had several hot days this week and I have done very little ! (it's still holidays here !!) We went over to the Bay one day to catch up with DD#2 and family. They are holidaying there with the in-laws. The men are rebuilding the holiday home, so they were very busy, but DD and I took the children to the beach and enjoyed some time together. She had to come to town today to get more building supplies and more groceries, so DH and I drove into town from here, to meet with her and the grands for lunch. DH and I will go over for a night next week, then, I think, DD and the children are coming here for a week before returning to Auckland. Talk of Auckland makes me think of Bee. How is Gus doing Bee ? I hope he's doing well.

Sir Edmund Hillary died yesterday. He was the first to conquer Everest. Famously, he said that "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves". He was very well regarded here and a State Funeral is planned. I heard him speak many years ago. He was a fine man.

Oh well, off to keep cool..
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home