Wednesday, January 9, 2008

where is everyone?

Either everyone is snowed in, out in the sun having fun, or sick, I assume.
I'm really bummed! I was excited to sign up for a 3 part quilt class at the local store, with one of my favorite teachers. Then I found out the next day that they had made a mistake in their calendar, it wasn't on Weds. it was on Tues. Well, I'm busy with something else every Tuesday. Rats!
I'lll have to leave my payment there and do something else later in the year, or take a credit in fabric. (Hum, not a bad idea)
The puppy is taking a bit of time being house trained. 90% of the time she is good, the other 10% she doesn't make it quite outside and pees on the floor.
Doris, did you go to Ross Castle? It was in our travel section of the Sunday paper as one of the many castles around the world that is worth seeing. Since it isn't too far from Shannon, maybe we can go there.
It will be in the 70's today. My sinuses are telling me we are in for a weather change in the next 24 hours.
Going to put the last of the Christmas things in the attic today.
Clear the decks.
Sara in Florida

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2008 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I had not heard of it. I presume this is the place? http://www.ross-castle.com/ (I "Googled" it) It looks lovely but still a good drive from Shannon, I think, since they say it is 60+ mi. from Dublin and no mention of Shannon.

Near Shannon, to the east a little, the Bunratty Castle is a fun place to visit http://www.shannonheritage.com/Attractions/BunrattyCastleFolkPark/

 
At January 9, 2008 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Margaret from Long Island, NY said...

Doris mentioned Bunratty Castle. If you go there beware of the mead they serve. The man sitting on the bench next to me for dinner, sat down and promptly fell over backward after partaking of a pre-dinner drink! It's strong stuff.

 
At January 10, 2008 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Annie, Back from the Beach, and catching up on blogs.Will do the drawing over the weekend...thanks for signing up. Colleen South Africa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home