Thursday, January 17, 2008

Best wishes to Jane in N.C. / this & that

Jane- hope all goes well with the knee surgery, which I think is Monday. I'm sure you will be busy in the next few days, so won't have time to check here. We will be thinking of you and praying that all goes well and the recovery is quick.
We haven't had snow, just rain, and dark, gray skys. For about an hour the sun was out this afternoon. I'm so glad I went to the Fiber Artists group this morning. It was between that and the garden club meeting. Why are things you like to do always at the same time?
If anyone knows Dee Bresden, I'm going to hear her talk on the Friendship of Women tonight. She wrote a book by that title a few years back, darn if I can find it today. Even though there are many "things" on the plate, it's important to keep those girl connections. I wanted DD to go with me, but Fridays are always spelling test days, so Thursday nights are practice times. Oh, how I hated spelling test in school! The boys are doing well in the public school system. There are always horror stories of kids not learning, but glad to say that the teachers at this school are truly fond of the children and do an excellent job.
I planted some pansies in the 1 hr. of sun we had this afternoon. They will live through the cold, and brighten up the dark days. The neighbor is having a new roof put on, and the puppy is gong nuts from all the banging.
I'll put some pansies in the front yard in the morning, it's time to chill for an hour or so.
We have early voting in Florida, so I did my civic duty while at the library getting a mystery book. If I could vote for no TV adds and peace and goodwill among the candidates I'd vote for that too. Some Florida stuff on the ballot also.
Going to try to book a cabin in the Boon-Linville Falls area of N. C. to take the grand up for a week in June. With mom & dad also, couldn't do 4 little rascals with just the 2 of us. Would love to go tubing, fishing, and just kick back for a week with them.
OK, off to decice between iced or hot tea. It's 75 degrees, but sticky, 100% humidity here.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home