Monday, June 25, 2007

New fangled technology that's not so new!

Welcome to another DUG from New Zealand. I'm glad that you found the chat and bulletin boards. Are you near either Bee or Marion?

Sadly, the two 'old fellows' who own the family cottage on Georgian Bay (Ontario) now have the cottage up for sale and it will likely pass out of the family after their father bought it in 1943. The closure should be around the end of July this year. I drove north last week and spent several days cleaning it up and cleaning it out. I also managed some fun time in visiting old friends and had a wonderful supper with four of them last Wednesday. Having just arrived that morning, I set about to start my 'bottoming-out' and two hours later found the need to visit the loo. As the phone has been removed from the cottage, I had to leave my cell phone on and it was in the pocket of my overalls, not the easiest things to get out when nature calls in a hurry. As they were at half-mast, my pants started 'ringing' to the tune of Arabesque. Man, I got strangled just trying to find my cell phone in and amongst my overalls. Once my conversation with my friend was completed, I set about to clean out the medicine cabinet in the cabin; reached up to the top shelf and out fell on my head a cluster of what I thought were packets of herbal teas. I wondered how in heaven's name anyone would store their herbal teas in the medicine cabinet. Imagine my surprise when I actually read the labels on those little packets.....lol. I'll leave you guessing other than someone will NOT be pregnant because of them. I'll have a few more days to take Sarah and Kirsten and their mom up for a last time at the cottage, next week. We're all sad but there is an ending to everything.

Doris, I've enjoyed your wonderful travelogue and Marion, is it not cold for the racers to be out on the water at this time of year down under?

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home