Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Checking in

I haven't posted in awhile. I am trying to keep track of the inches I've lost, and not having much luck. I've measured myself three times, and lost the measurements twice. I have no idea how much I have actually lost, but people are beginning to notice and the clothes are fitting better, or sometimes even worse (too big!) I've lenghtened the walk with the dogs, now that the weather is nicer, and cut back on bread (only one serving, but still!)
I actually finished a baby quilt Sunday, for a shower we had yesterday, which was our last day of school. Then I was going to work on Drunkard's path blocks for a quilt for my DM. My sewing machine started making a loud clicking noise. When I opened the side thread compartment, a half of a plastic washer fell out. The machine is at the repair shop and not expected back until next week.
It doesn't really slow me down, though, because I'm leaving at about 12:30 tonight to meet up with the kids on the Academic team, drive to Nashville to the airport, and leave for Chicago for tourist activities and the National Quiz Bowl competition. We'll be arriving in Chicago around 8:30 AM, do a full day of activities, and crash after dinner. I'm getting too old for this...grin!
I won't be back until early Monday morning, so maybe the machine will be fixed before I get back.
I'm going to take a sleeping pill and to go to bed now (at about 3:00 pm). I'll catch you when I get back, unless the hotel has a computer I can use.
Laura in Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home