Thursday, March 15, 2007

OLD SINGER

Pat, DB says "THE ONLY NUMBER I CAN FIND IS RECESSED INTO THE FRONT WORK DECK, JUST BELOW THE SINGER MFG. CO. LABEL. AD378315. It will be interesting to find out about it. I hope someone can advise or direct me to a site where I can get a feel for it's value. DB says it needs some repair. I have no idea what that entails as he doesn't use it and doesn't know how. Perhaps it is just superficial.

The machine weighs a ton. It has a wood case as it is a table model. The case is curved over the top rather than rectangular. The Singer lettering on the front of the case, at least in my youth, was gold in color. I would have gone to school naked were it not for that machine. Just thinking about it makes me long for my DM who would be 101 years old if she were here.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home