Tuesday, March 13, 2007

HEALTHY EATING REPORT

I'm not going to touch the subject of lost marbles. My friends would think that any such post from me would be autobiographical.

Weighed in Sunday morning at my max of my whole life including pregnancies. I'm resolved not to hit the scale again until Sunday. In the meantime I'm measuring any oil I use for cooking where heretofore I just poured it in. Even though olive and canola oil don't have the nasty stuff and my doc says the olive oil is "heart protective" they've still got as many calories per tsp. as butter. I'm trying to load up on veggies and go light on the meat. I did have noodles one day but I weighed them raw (2 oz.) and they are the whole wheat kind. I used some olive oil in the water, a trick I learned a long time ago that keeps pasta from getting sticky when drained. I did put some Parmesan cheese on them as well.. I've been on the run a lot and have eaten out but have declined the deserts and rolls and such. Today at my favorite lunch place I had a cup of chicken soup and a large salad of beautiful greens (no iceberg, just the tasty dark stuff) with a bit of grilled chicken on it. I did indulge in some bleu cheese dressing but actually left some in the little cup. They have the most heavenly brownies at that place but virtuous Jane passed it up this time. Tonight I was tired and then remembered I wanted to attend a recital at the nearby university so I admit to three eggs, two of them very small in an omelet chock full of Vidalia onion sauteed with green and red pepper, then a heap of fresh baby spinach and some feta cheese and finally the eggs whipped with a bit of skim milk. Some salt substitute (I gave up the good salt because of the leg swelling) and freshly ground pepper helped. Two pieces of toasted whole wheat bread rounded it out. Now if I can stick to my guns for the rest of my life I'll be in that Bikini yet. I've been saying that since I was fifteen and I have to make it.

Got a nice fat quarter at guild meeting yesterday. At the meeting in the month of your birth you get a fat quarter gift wrapped. They are donated by the lqs. There's one clown who raises her hand twelve times a year when the lady with the fat quarter basket asks who has a birthday this month. Fortunately there are a couple of folks who straighten her out loudly each month. If a month goes by when she forgets or she is absent something is always said anyway. It's become a tradition.

Keep the pictures coming here and on the BB. There's an idea, why not paint pictures on your bowling ball. I'm getting a bit loopy here.

Terter the shawl is gorgeous. Is it woven? Ooooh, make one for me. Why not make one for everyone.

An antique sewing machine question. Does that go here or on the other board? I can't remember who the collectors are so give me a nudge and I'll send you the serial or model number DB sent me. Also let me know where I can find information on the net. It's a Singer from mid thirties.

Not only are the daffodils in bloom all over the place but the forsythia is starting to bloom. It was another shirt sleeve day today and for a bit late this afternoon the temp got into the high 70s. Eat your hearts out you Canadians and other denizens of the far north.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home