Saturday, February 24, 2007

Just checking in


I've tried many times to get on here, and couldn't get it to work. Checked Jill's site a few days ago and saw that I needed to use my e-mail addy as my name. It worked, so here I am.

I wanted to say Thanks to Brenda C., Ter Ter, Susan F. and Kathi S. for the comfort blocks. These blocks have really helped me in the past month. At a time when I feel so helpless, it is great to know so many are thinking and praying for me.

Mom had a good week a few weeks ago, but in the past week has really grown weak. They transferred her back to her hometown hospital on Wed. Now her and Dad are in the same town. The nursing home took him to see her on Thurs. He had not seen her for a couple of weeks, so I'm glad he got the chance to see her, even if it was really hard on him.

I'm going to try to attach a picture of the quilt I made for Mom & Dad for their 60th wedding anniversary back in Aug. It includes pictures of Mom & Dad, all of the kids, grandkids, and great grand kids. This quilt has travelled with Mom to all of her different hospital rooms. When they were getting ready to transfer her on Wed., she woke up and told us to make sure we took her quilt along.

We have blizzard warnings here today, so I'm stuck at home. DH took me to see Mom for a little while this morning before the storm hit. We'll see if the weather allows me to travel to see her tomorrow.


I've been in the sewing room today working on a charity quilt. I really needed my "needle" therapy.


Karen in KS


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home