Saturday, July 25, 2015

So it worked!  Glad to see my comments posted.    Wasn't sure I could get back to this point.  Have had a really bad week.  Bad for me anyway.  One of my uncles passed away.  He was my favorite.  Uncle Ken would have been 94 on Friday.  He passed on Tuesday.  He was a wonderful man who had the best laugh you could ever hear.  When you were speaking with him, he gave you his undivided attention.  Then the day after that happened, my next door neighbor and close friend passed away.  Kathryn would have been 87 in august.  She was very frail, weighed 98 pounds!  In poor health for several years.  She loved music!  If you could recite a few of the words to any of the old songs, she could sing the song.  Fantastic memory!    The frosting on the cake so to speak for this week was a migraine for me.  I don't get those very often, but this one was a hum dinger.  It is gone now, thankfully!
To offer some quilting news, I am working on a pink and white scrap quilt.  Just a simple nine patch set on point and sashed with a white on white fabric.  I don't do a lot of sewing anymore, but this one will be for me.  Once it is all sewn together I will have it machine quilted.  That brings to mind that when I started quilting....in the early 1970's machine quilting was frowned upon.  Machine quilted quilts were not allowed into quilt shows!  At the book store the other day, I noticed all the different quilt magazines, must have been at least a dozen.  Used to be Quilters Newsletter was the only magazine available and you were hard pressed to find a book on quilting.  So much has changed in this last 45  years.  Just saying 45  years does not seem possible so much time has gone by so fast. 


Well, my trip down memory lane has to stop here.  Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend
Pat in Flint



2 Comments:

At July 26, 2015 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

So glad to hear from you. Enjoyed the post.

 
At July 27, 2015 at 2:50 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Pat, much has changed in the quilt world since the early seventies, much of it good and exciting and some of it, not good as people have moved beyond the traditional quilt patterns into exploring designwork of their own. Trouble is, many don't have a design background in schooling and some of the traditional designs have been altered in ways not visually good. That's my soapbox. On the other hand, so many exciting changes have happened, the quilt world has become alive with inspiration.

And life changes. Favorite uncles died, wonderful friends die, as happened to me recently, I'm on the slippery slope downhill and hope a trainwreck isn't lying ahead.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home