Wednesday, July 8, 2015

From Mary Jo G.

We are finally below 100!  Our area set records for June with 10 consecutive days above 100.  High was 110!  My hanging pot was getting battered by the wind and sunburned.  Repotted all in the flower bed where they are doing well.  No water restrictions but I'm trying to be careful knowing drought conditions exist.  Picked the first zucchini and tomatoes.  Have a spicy red bell pepper almost ready and cucumbers are getting close.  The pink hibiscus has blooms that are 6" across with a deep red center.  

My Summer Garden is now a quilt top and ready for the longarm quilter to do her magic.   NY Beauty blocks are set on point with green corners and sashing.  5 quilts are ready to bind, have been putting that off for awhile so it is the goal for July.  And, ten quilts are going out.  Nieces, nephews and cousins will be the recipients of 8; the other 2 will go to charity.  My daughter asked me if I'd rather decide where my quilts go or leave it to her to do 'someday'.  Am gifting them in December and July of each year until there is a managable amount.  50 are awaiting homes.  It will take awhile.  

Grand daughter Brooke will be home for ten days mid August.  She is a missionary in Argentina.  GDs Laura and Molly will be here mid September.  Laura is flying from WA to TX to help her sister move to OR.  Molly will work on her Master's degree in engineering.  

The guest room have been busy.  One family was here for the weekend and another came on Monday to fly out this afternoon.  The third will arrive this weekend to paint my house.  Have picked a light sage green with cream trim and an olive door.  The roof has a green tint so my color choices are limited.  Good that I love green.

Blessings,
MaryJo

3 Comments:

At July 8, 2015 at 5:39 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Mary Jo, when you have time in-between your family guests and making those fifty quilts, will you send pictures of your summer garden quilt and your newly painted home, I'll post them for you. How do you manage to make all those quilts?
Rosey

 
At July 8, 2015 at 8:28 AM , Blogger MJ said...

Rosey, I get up early and quilt in my pajamas for several hours 3 - 5 days a week. It is too hot upstairs to work after noon. That is to be remedied this week with a supplemental air conditioner. Will charge up the camera and send you pics to post. This was a busy week, very unusual to have all three families visit in a short time period. Did have 19 year old Max and 21 year old Austin here for summer school. That was fun.

 
At July 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yes, I was wondering how you manage to make so many quilts also. Is this over the years, or recent?
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home