Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Very Hot here, big thunderstorms

Good to hear of Fran's updates and the moving plans.
I am finally settling down a bit from the big move back in March.  Lots calmer, and sort-a-feeling like home.
Yesterday afternoon at 4PM we had a thunder/lighting storm like I've never seen in the 40 plus years of living in Florida.  (Of course I wasn't on the 12th story with lots of windows before).  Several hours of big lighning bolts, heavy sideways rain, it almost sounded like hail.
There was even a small fire on the beach from the lightning, acording to the 6pm news.  Guess the grass caught fire.
We drove to Orlando airport on Sat. afternoon to pick up our grandsons and 1 friend.  They are at their cousins' house right now and will be here tonight. They have been boating, paddle boarding, go-cart racing, etc.  Hope they won't think the pool and ocean are to calm for them here-LOL.  If I ride a bike 5 miles up and down that's all my excitement.  But I'm not 15 either.
Finished a quilt top early this morning.  This is for the 1 DGS for his Christmas gift.  Will to the top of the other one, then take them to be quilted.
Was hoping to move my mother closer to a nursing home closer to me, but the only one who would even accept her has a 6 month waiting list.  Know her though, she could still be with us in 6 months!
Right now I'm only seeing her once a week, and would like to see her more often.  She would like it too, but it doesn't seem to be in the works.
Sara in hot, humid Florida

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2015 at 5:57 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, we'll expect a front row seat watching hurricanes come up the east coast of Florida. I think, aside from the worry of them, it should be quite interesting being twelve floors up...and isn't that a different way of living when you've been used to your own patch of grass out your back door.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home