Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A good day out !!!


What a surprise I had yesterday.  A young (50 !) friend phoned me and said she thought I needed a day out and that she would pick me up at ten and take me out for a coffee !!  (nobody ever picks us up as we are at the end of a dead- end shingle road !!) She arrived in this positively gorgeous MG sports car, complete with the long chiffon scarf and white rimmed sun-glasses, and  ......  away we went...leaving the DH in our wake with his mouth open !   We felt like teenagers ! We had a three hour coffee and lunch and returned to her home to pick strawberries, tomatoes and other fresh vegs from her garden, all of which were to return here with me.  How kind was that ?  Isn't it nice to have such a good day out at such short notice and for absolutely no reason at all ?  I felt very spoilt.

Marion .


7 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

What fun!!!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Way to go! Sounds like a really fun time.
Sara in Fla.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds wonderful!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Looks like a lovely time. So nice to see summer greenery, too. Winter drags on here . . .

 
At January 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Yes, it was fun. I'm not a car enthusiast but if I was, the MG would be right up there !!

 
At January 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, I love your term, shingle road. Would that be the same as our gravel roads here in NA? What a nice friend. Don't you look glamorous.
Rosey

 
At January 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Hi Rosey,
Yes shingle/gravel...unsealed , all the same here. All it means in reality, is constantly dusty or dirty cars...I can live with that !
Glamorous ? I don't think so ! We did FEEL glamorous though !! It was a good day .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home