Thursday, August 18, 2011

Annie-No is right, Doris

I found a big chunk out of my Capel rug yesterday and I could have wept. The rug will have to be repaired or forever sit underneath a piece of furniture on that edge of the rug. I can't for the life of me figure out when she did it. She's checked often for chewing stuff...not often enough, I guess. Hope has the look of resignation on her face, doesn't she. And believe me, it's accurate. She is SO patient with that pup that I think she should win the Order of Canada for it.

Bee, Kathi emailed me a website that will keep me getting into trouble when I flush, forever. But thank you for offering to do it for me and if I find I can't get on again, which seems the case with the BB site, I'll remember your kind offer.

It looks to be building up to a hottie today. That used to be a phrase used for good-looking fellows in my day. Now it refers to the weather...lol.

Stepdaughter, Katie, came to spend the day with me with granddog, Oliver, yesterday. It's nice when adult kids make the effort to spend time with the folks who raise them. We had a lovely day together and she actually tried to get my new breadmaker working. I did hear her muttering.....here's some money, go to town and buy bread. Nothing is ever easy these days. I did a survey before purchasing the machine but every basket in the new breadmakers only makes a one pound or so loaf. I feed too many people with the B&B so it wasn't easy finding a machine now that makes a 2 pound loaf. We read the directions together, she sat down in the rocking chair in the kitchen and said: why can't they make things simple anymore. There are digital buttons to push for this and that. We were both frustrated by a breadmaking machine.

Miss Annie is squeaking at Geordie, the 15 plus year old Aussie here. That means she'll have Geordie flat on the floor as his arth-er-itis is so bad that he gets knocked over easily. He enjoys playing with her while his dignity is still intact. Most often, it isn't. Not easy to see formerly active and wild-child dogs growing older, stiffer and grumpier. Like us humans, it seems.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home