Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New pictures











HI everyone! My DGD is 4 months old and cute as a button. She rolled over yesterday and I'm sure it won't be long and she'll be sitting up by herself. She has grandpa wrapped around her little finger!

Last night my daughter found this big snapping turtle in the yard. For those that haven't been to my home, we have a pond wayyyyy down the hill below us, at least a long block away. There are trees, a few homes and the hill, she is a persistent bugger to come all this way to lay eggs. She is a bit bigger than a large dinner plate. Adam, (SIL) put her out in the garden where the kids sandbox used to be. We haven't planted anything for a few years so I think it would be a good place for her. I might check later today, it wold be fun to know where she laid her eggs and keep an eye on them, protect them form racoons, if possible.

Hugs to all that need them!
Sandi

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

That little Evelyn is adorable!
What a turtle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home