Friday, April 29, 2011

Laura and the hats

Poor Laura, such devastation and so many more deaths, we are all thinking of all of you in the tornado zone. Now to the hats, I just can't imagine how on earth anyone would let those hats on the princesses heads, they were appalling .Not one word could be said in their favour, so many beautiful hats and they wore those. I loved Kate's dress, so elegant and the back view was outstanding, surprised at the lace but it worked. I personally think Carole Middletons outfit was very elegant so many details and beautiful fabric not a bow in sight. I wasn't going to sit up and watch but so many memories and the pomp and ceremony was wonderful. It was lovely to see London at its best, We only lived 34 miles from London and we knew it fairly well. Harold and I both had relations in the Guards and as his was in the Irish he used to guard at the Palace and apparently Harold and his friends used to go and try to make him laugh when he was outside in the box . Many a hiding the boys got from their parents for that. Boys, I imagine it still happens. Hugs Bee in NZ.

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee - I was just now watching the Oprah show, a special on the Royal Wedding. One of her staff was over there, trying to make a guardsman laugh/respond. I'm sure they're trained in ignoring such endeavors.
;-)

I loved Kate's gown, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home