Friday, April 29, 2011

we're safe here

Several tornados went through our area Wednesday. Power is out for the entire northern third of the state, and is likely to be out for at least several more days.
We're fine. We lost a major limb off a tree in the back yard, and have no phone or power. There is a dusk to dawn curfew, as there are no street lights, and no traffic lights, and nothing is open to go to anyway. They're talking 4-7 days until power is restored in the Huntsville area. Based on the damage I saw as I tried to leave my neighborhood, I'm guessing toward the 7 day estimate for my community.

I drove to Montgomery with the remains of our frozen foods, so I'm using Dad's computer. I have not had time to read the page yet, so I hope everyone else is fine. School was cancelled due to weather and debris on Wednesday and Thursday, and again today due to the fact the highways are gridlocked with people trying to get gas, tools, batteries, food, etc. Fayetteville is one of the few towns in the area that still has power. We'll have to make this day up.

Laura

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Laura - Thanks for checking in!!! I was getting worried. What a relief to learn you are safe. (((Hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home