Friday, April 29, 2011

Erm......!!!

Princesses Eugenie & Beatrice challenged good taste in hats. One looked like Mickey Mouse, the other, like she had an icecream sundae on top of her head. I'm glad you posted that Doris, it gave me a better chance to look at something I couldn't believe.

The alarm was set for 4 a.m. this morning and as I rolled out of bed, the dogs looked at me and said: mom, still the middle of the night, we're sleeping in. I went downstairs and turned on the television, brought the dogs downstairs..they went back to sleep, sensibly, and I've been awake ever since. Katherine Middleton's wedding gown was beautiful, understated, elegant and in good taste. Her veil caught the wind and framed her face. It suited her very well unlike the birthday cake that the Emanuel's dressed Diana Spencer in thirty years ago. The British Royal Family certainly know how to stage a great performance. It was all quite breathtaking.

Yesterday, southern Ontario (and us) caught the edge of the tornadoes that ripped through the mid-and east coast of the US. High winds, trees down, power off...fortunately, we were only subjected to high winds up here and not torrential rain that occured in Toronto.

Yes, Doris, puppy's head all done by hand and applique. I gave a talk to a guild in another city last week and since I am primarily applique and more pictorial in my work, one lady came up afterward and said she was going right home to dig out an applique quilt she'd started five years ago. It's nice when others are motivated by your work. I know applique is not as readily done by many quiltmakers...it does take time and may be tedious to some. The sewing machine, with which I have a tenuous relationship at best, appeals to more quilters, I think.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home