Sunday, April 24, 2011

BEAUTIFUL DAY

For the Christians among us I wish a happy Easter Day. For the rest of us I wish a beautiful day such as I am enjoying here in the mountains of south western NC. Just got back from a fairly vigorous hike up the mountain side alongside my house with the beasties. Two of us are wiped out. The other, Rocky, came in for a drink of water and took off again.

I have taken a gazillion wildflower photos this year as it has been the most spectacular show since I've lived here. Many are redundant of course. I'm culling out the best and will post them as a Picasa album when that chore is done. I haven't seen my field guide in six years so I'm not identifying them under oath but I think I've got the common names, all but one.

I promised myself some quilt time for the first time in two months today so will say good day to you all and don't eat too much ham. If you are of the Greek persuasion this year your observance of Easter coincides with the western calendar so don't eat too much kid.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home