Tuesday, January 11, 2011

more snow and a quilt question

I went for my walk with the dogs this morning, and someone had driven around in the field where we walk, rutting up the snow all the way down to the grass and mud. I was more than a little perturbed, but since it's not my property, there's not much I can do. I'm sure the church that owns that lot did not give them permission to tear up the field!










I have another day off from school, and I'm going to start binding my friend's quilt. I had intended to use the dark green, didn't have enough, bought the print, and then found more of the dark green at a local shop. Which do you like better? I already have an opinion, and I may ignore yours. (VBG)

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

I prefer the dark green. Of course you didn't audition the print but I would probably go for the green anyway.

I'm snowed in too here in the mtns. in western NC

 
At January 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

The dark green is exactly the same color as the piecing in the border, but doesn't show the variations in the flower print. The other picture is of the print, but you can't really tell unless you enlarge the picture.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM , Blogger katyquilt said...

I would go with the darker green as well, to draw out the center of the quilt and provide a frame...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home