Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ya got me!


OK, Rosey, you win! I am here. My life is not terribly exciting unless you are a devoted rescuer of feral cats and the occasional dog, but I will throw in a small update.


I just finished installing a new printer. Does anyone out there get more than two years out of a printer? I can't believe how many of these things I have bought over the years!


It is, of course, kitten season here and my house is full as are our foster homes. We at Cowichan Cat Rescue are very happy, though, since the number of kittens is dropping each year. That is the ear mark of a successful TNR (Trap Neuter and Return) program. We have been doing this for ten years and the effects are showing. Now if I could just get the fund raising to take off a bit so we can pay our fairly massive vet bills...


Remember Gucci, the black Standard Poodle that Mary and her dh Charles brought from Oklahoma to Blaine for us a few years ago? We lost our elderly foster dog recently (the one from the Seychelles) and Gucci was very unhappy to have lost her friend. So we found another Standard Poodle in rescue and brought her home in early May. She is Coco Chanel and she is rapidly turning into a very nice dog. She has passed her basic obedience training and is very sweet and playful. I will try to upload a picture of the pair of them, fresh from the groomer last week...


After a long cold and wet Spring we are finally getting some warm weather, although it is still not as nice as it should be this time of year. But things are growing at last and we are eating fresh strawberries and peas and salads from the garden, and enjoying pretty flower beds finally. My dahlias that I sell from a stand in the summer are going to be very late this year, though.


Not much quilting happening here. My weekly sewing group has been working on a set of quilts to give to a family of refugees who are arriving here in early July and that has been fun. And I did go on a retreat with that group on the Mothers' Day weekend and actually managed to piece a king sized top while I was there. Of course I have no idea when I will get it sandwiched and quilted -- probably next winter some time.


In the meantime I am caring for kittens and working on various fund raising projects and ignoring the fact that I really really really need to do some house work instead. :)


Now I will try to upload a picture...

Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home