Monday, May 17, 2010

Soon to be on the move

Hi, I have been thinking of you all! My prayers and thoughts have been with you.
As for me, stop the world and let me off has been a thought lately!

Last week at work for me, I move over Taupo way next week.... Have house packed already- keen to move- LOL. Horse has already left, and is staying with a friend, a wee holiday for her.

life has been busy, I am so glad I had such a lovely summer....
DD( now 6) fell of my horse and broke her tibia- well initially she landed ok, just fell off over the horses shoulder, but then got her legs tangled in the horses and the horses steel shod hoof kicked her on the bone, and that was a visit to the big city hospital for us both! Mum as the mum, not the nurse. ExDH was not impressed, with me or the horse....
DD had 4 weeks in a full length cast to the top of the thigh, purple with glitter no less. The awesome staff even put a cast on her doll Lisa! And then a wheelchair and a walking frame. She handled it well and had most of the time off school as it was too much of a hassle getting the wheelchair etc on the schoolbus, so I took her in on my days off. Just last week she graduated to a below knee cast- bright pink! and a walking boot, so back to school full time now. lots to catch up on!

Got DD home from school one day to stay with me, and find my horse paddock empty. Evidence she had crashed into the fence and gone over.... a few panicked ph calls, the neighbours had not seen her, and she was found down the road up a driveway, walking, but minus a horseshoe and all shook up...Duck shooting season started the week before and we are wondering if a nearby shooting had frightened her.... she is not telling. She seems to have really tweaked her back as she (probably) crashed into the fence at high speed and flipped over it. Waiting for a horse chiropracter to see her at the moment.

Then I was in the middle of online job applications and my computer had a major heart attack! It did not survive, but my awesome IT guy saved some of my documents.. most were saved to separate hard drive, just not the latest stuff for the job applications! it was not a good time to have it happen! That delayed things for a week or so. Finally got a new computer set up and then... got hit by a Trojan virus....
I have casual on call work organised, but interviews for fulltime jobs still to come.

So after all that drama, life is slowing down, and there are less distractions with everything packed away. Quilting left out to last though! Staff at work have all signed little hearts to applique on my stars in the scrap quilt, from the Drs to the cleaners! It will be a lovely reminder... although they are still pleading for me to change my mind and stay! However I will move boldly forward to my new life. I feel very positive about the move, and I will be very happy to get a fulltime job confirmed!
so thats my news, I am happy to be back on line and catching up with you all,
Cheers from Tenneh by the two rivers

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home