Saturday, May 8, 2010

May the 8th & SNOW

It's happened before but it's always an insult when the first of May arrives and snow comes after that date. We had very high winds today and the precipitation began in the form of rain, then, this afternoon turned to snow showers, quite dense at times...my car is blanketed in light snow...and then the power went out as I was roasting the first of the two legs of lamb I do a year. It was cooked by an hour, then the power cut out and later, waiting for the power to go on, I finally put it on top of the wood stove, covered it with foil and all I can say is that it's a good thing Jock can digest rare meat...I can't...not now. So the two fires are going, one in the front, one in the back of the house and Hope announced that she couldn't shed her 'furry' coat and would we please open the doors, windows or whatever...she's cooking and panting. We go from 75F to snow in less than one week. The one thing about weather here in Ontario is that it's never the same and often unexpected.

The rhubarb has come in early...thanks to the early hot days...and now I'm facing many loaves of rhubarb ahead of me making use of it. It freezes well.

I understand the flood waters are receeding in Tennessee, Doris. But what damage. Hard to comprehend how all that business section could have been under water.

Mother's Day tomorrow and two of my three 'adult' kids will be here with their families and bringing the luncheon. I am to contribute a lettuce, apple, cilantro, dried cranberry and toasted almond salad.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home