Friday, May 7, 2010

Saturday morning ..

Not a lot to say this morning but thought I would pop in anyway. The flooding in Tennessee looks frightening. We have had a lot of coverage of it here. We live in an age of instant information. We had a small fire along the road from here this week. A farmer was "burning off" a paddock after harvesting, it got out of control and the fire spread to the roadside planting. It must have been a slow day in the news department of the newspaper because it was mentioned in the paper the following day. My neighbour was woken by a friend in America, in the very early hours, to ask if the fire had affected her in any way. My neighbour knew nothing of the fire...her friend had been reading the NZ. paper on the internet .... It's all too much for me !
We've been enjoying some lovely Autumn weather. April was a lovely month here and May has started well. I've been enjoying "playing in the dirt" too. A bit of an autumn tidy-up going on and some planting for some winter colour. Not much quilting going on, I'm still struggling to finish a jig-saw, started by the grandsons when they were here....I haven't done one for years and I won't be starting another one in a hurry.!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home