Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday morning in Minnesota

and it is raining. We are having gentle spring rains - with the possibility of snow, yes, snow, later today. And we are in southern MN. So the weather is crazy everywhere - but I can't imagine what it would be like to experience the flooding that Nashville is experiencing. You and your community are in our thoughts, Doris!

We have been getting organized for DD graduation - I am almost done going thru the yard replacing and moving perennials, edging all of the beds, etc. I have a tool that looks like a shovel with a flat blade and it makes a nice clean edge around the beds. Haven't done any pots or annuals in the ground yet - it is a little early (IMHO) but plan to get to that by next week-end. I do love playing in the dirt. I got a little bit of a late start on the yard work this year - Mid March my mom went into the hospital and was transferred the next day to Omaha ICU cardiac unit where she remained for 10 days, then 4 more days out of ICU. Even tho she hadn't even walked down the hallway on her own, they sent her home. Had my Iowa sister not driven over to take her to a dr. appointment a few days later I don't think she would be with us. I went down to Iowa for nine days, came back on Sun morning the 25th and she went back into the hospital on the 26th. I am happy to report that she was released Tuesday evening and, with home health care, will be remaining there. Needless to say I am fabric deprived at this point... I just reread the above - sounds depressing... Sorry about that. Like I said, I have been playing in the dirt almost all week and my yard is lookin' good. I'll take a few pictures so you can see what I see when I look out my window....Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home