Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pictures/Tennessee

Doris, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. The pictures on the news last night were shocking, just as your two pictures here. What I couldn't grasp was whether the part of Tennessee which has been flooded was flat; mulit-rivered throughout the city and if the sewer system was adequate. It's a pretty sobering image of something gone wrong, somehow. To build so many commercial buildings and have this happen, is unbelievable. The homes, on the Toronto news, were flooded half way to their roofs and more. Yes, your drinking water would be affected. This is likely going to be declared a national disaster. Your comment about those nasty creeks is interesting. Can you enlarge on that?

I've driven through Tennessee on our way to Florida a number of years and I don't think of it as a 'wet' state. Little do I know. I associate Tenn. with mountains and flat land and I remember one large river near I75 that we crossed but other than that, Tenn. was unremarkable in this regard from I75.

What are people going to do? How lucky for you to be where you are and higher than most.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home