Monday, April 5, 2010

The good news is . . .

My washing machine was fixable, the repair guy had the part on his truck, and I didn't have to buy a new machine. SnooopyDance! Even this young man told me to hang on to this machine for as long as I can, unless the repair is going to cost $300 or more. DH and I decided we will. :o)

Our weather has been glorious here. The highs are up to 80F and sunshine. DH and I drive to Savannah, GA this week and I'm looking forward to the sightseeing. I have quilt guild on Tuesday, then I'll go home and pack for the trip. :o) :o)

3 Comments:

At April 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Doris-I bought a Whirpool front loader about 2 years ago. I love it, and it's supposed to use less water.
My old one was 19 years old, and ready to die.
Sara

 
At April 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Doris - we were in Savannah a few years ago for an Ag Law Meeting - we loved it and want to go back some day. I took the Paula Dean bus tour with one of my friends and we ate at Uncle Bubba's (her brother) as part of the tour. Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House is a great diner--you will have to wait in line, but it is worth it. We ate at a spendy! place that I believe was called the Pink House. Oh my gosh, the food was fabulous--I had fish (flounder?) that was scored on the top - you will love Savannah. Joleen in MN

 
At April 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Joleen - I'm signed up for a tour one day, forget what it was, but will report back next week.

Olde Pink House and Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons are on the list of recommended restaurants from the professional association DH belongs to, that is holding the seminar. Belford's is also on the list, and my friend down the street highly recommended it to me. I hope I have a chance to try these places, as dinners at night are organized and we are obligated to go.

Either way, I'm looking forward to attaching the feed bag. :o)

The hotel has a ferry to the downtown/mainland, so walking around sightseeing is on my list of things to do, along with seeking out any fabric shops.
:o)
:o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home