Saturday, April 3, 2010

allergies

Sara in FL - for the past few weeks I've been taking Claritin, Sudafed, allergist put me on AstePro nasal spray a few weeks ago, and added Veramyst this past week after a bout with vertigo. Also doing Neti pot every morning, and taking Vitamin C. The Veramyst seems to be helping (a free sample) so I'm getting the Rx filled before we leave town.

As of a week ago, I've also cut out all sugar, wheat, coffee & tea. They are very bad allergy triggers. After the sinus infection (which came after the cold crud) my immune system is shot.

My washing machine is broken again. It's 15 years old, so I can't complain, but I dread buying a new one because they're all rubbish and break regularly after paying $$$. DH and I decided if the bill is at a certain amount, we'll buy a new one anyway. ALL the repair guys have told me to keep this machine as long as I can, because the new ones are breaking down regularly.

I think I'm ready to buy a new one, anyway, and 99.9% sure it will be another top-loader. Too many unresolved issues out there, with all brands of front-loaders and problems. I've been studying the Consumer Reports ratings, reading online reviews and forums, etc. Here's an interesting factoid: Maytag machines are now made by Whirlpool, which helps their reliability. I'll probably end up with either M or W brand. I have dreaded this day . . . One can hope it's a belt and that it will be a cheap repair. Ha! $90 service call fee, just to drive to the house and diagnose!

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2010 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

We have had our Whirlpool duets since early 2003 (gosh has it been that long?) No problems yet with the washer. Both are front loading. Dryer had thermostat replaced, we believe the problem was the apartment we were in when we first moved here. The outlet was up and out and birds had made nests all in the line. I finally heard them moving around one day and they were removed. We got the bottom stands with drawers too, has some storage capability but of course detergent bottles are too tall. In the dryer you have to make sure dryer sheets etc don't wind up next to the sensor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home