Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just life here

I'm waiting for a friend's son to come over to spread my pine straw. Wound up getting 26 bales of the stuff. The pollen and wind is such that I dare not spend more than 10 min. out there, even though it is a lovely day.
Rosy and Kathi- beautiful quilts, and pictures also.
I'm slowly doing the free motion quilting on my wall hanging of "The very hungry catapillar". Doing it is blues and purples. It seems that the two index fingers swell up if I go more than 45 min. at a time, so have to take breaks.
I went out out to one of my favorite stores this morning and bought 2 pairs of shoes, one for the Easter dress, one for the other dress. Since they were on sale, 2 pair for $50.00, I thougt it was a good deal. About a 2 in. wedge heel, something I can look like a lady in, but not tip over. How does a person walk in 5 or even 4 in. heels? Maybe they sit at a desk all day.
(The favorite store is a Florida chain, Beals, which has a tropical laid back feel to it)
I got some doggie wipes this morning also, sort of a baby wipe for dogs. I don't want to bath them more than necessary, but they do smell "doggy" sometimes, and since they sleep with us also, thought it would be worth a try.
I think N.Z must be one of the few places that the American dollar has a favorable exchange rate.
If I ever get the urge to travel to that side of the world NZ would be the #1 place to visit.
A bit of a long haul from here, however.
OK, that just about covers the day.
Sara in pollen land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home