Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fay gone, now for Hanna and Ike -gosh

Ah, the stormy month of September.
I just about finished cleaning up the yard trash after Fay, the tropical storm, now it seems Hanna and Ike are headed towards us.
We were without the internet and E mail for more than a week, but thanks to SIL have some contact with the world now.
We are scheduled to fly out of Jax. at 11:00 AM on Friday, but that is also the time that "Hanna" thinks she will give us rain, wind, and who knows what else. In talkingto my travel agent, there isn't anything we can do unitl the time of, as to change to Thursday would mean $200.00 in change fees, and I've already spent too much. Maybe they can fit us on the flight on Sat. morning if the airport is closed Friday.
I was going to finish up the 2nd QOV this afternoon, but after dealing with cleaning gutters, pulling weeds, etc, my sinuses tell me to stop.
Going to hold my head under the water and flush them out!
We have two storm shutters up, and will get the 3rd up after DH gets home about 6:00 PM. Better safe than sorry.
I'm glad those folks in New Orleans had better sense this time and got the heck out of Dodge. Storms arn't anything to take lightly.
Hope all is well in the quilty world out there.
Going to get out the Gore-Tex, the support hose (for the long plane trip) and assorted stuff. Found out that a quart size zip lock bag doesn't hold much, and will have to go easy on the hair gells, etc.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home