Thursday, March 8, 2007

BACK TO WEIGHT LOSS

I have decided to start on Sunday morning with a weigh in before breakfast. In anticipation of that auspicious occasion I have been on a feeding frenzy this week. Even bought a pint of some Hagen-Daz "lite" chocolate brownie ice cream. At at least two thirds of it in one sitting. Have to get ready for the coming famine.

Beautiful spring day today. Daffodils are in bloom in sunny spots, the red maples are flowering and there has been wild larkspur foliage showing up on my walking trails for at least a week. The birds are vocal and hungry staking out territories. For two days now I've had the heat off and windows open from late morning to supper time. Still in thirties when I get up. At the horse farm down the road (Paso Fino Elegante breed) there has been the first blessed event that I've noticed this spring. A beautiful colt, sort of blond color. Mama is a rich brown. Baby was having breakfast when I drove by this morning and I didn't have my camera. Drat! All this does not preclude a snow storm but at least we know it's coming.

In '93 we had two feet of snow the second week of March. There was no power for five days and daytime temps were below zero. We were living in a rental as we were building then. Of course the fire wood was all neatly stacked at the building site and we had none for the house. Al, Molly and I huddled together in sleeping bags for about four days and we finally heard there was power in Sylva so we moved to a motel. As you country girls know, no power means no water being pumped from the well. That means, among other things, no flushing. It was too cold to go outdoors and we were in a subdivision. A lot of migrating robins died in the cold and Molly was bringing us corpses for days.

Things are working well with my new password.

Jane in the beautiful Blue Ridge



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home