Sunday, March 3, 2013

What happened to Anna in Spain?

Someone said that Anna had hurt her knee, (foot, ankle?)  What happened?  And I forgot to add that our local news had a thing about the 2 year memorial of the earthquake in Christchurch, N. Z.  Hopefully things are begining to get building again.
I have been hearing on the Fla. news about a man that was in bed and a sinkhole opened up under his house.  This must have been on Fri. as we were going to see our friends.  Guess when it is your time, even being in bed in your own home isn't safe.
We had a wonderful time with old friends.  Lots of laughter, good food.  I did a dumb thing right at the end.  They have about 4 large sliding glass doors out to the pool, covered porch area, and when coming back into the house one time I slamed right into the glass, nose first.  For about 10 min. I thought I broke the nose, but just swollen, bruised.  My upper lip and sinus area were painful, but I'm OK now.   Going to foot doc tomorrow AM.  Hope he will give me a cortisone shot in the heel so that I can go in the 9.3 run next Sat.   If not for that I would say I'm 90% better.  Hate to miss our tradition after about 15 years.
Cold and windy here, going to be down to 28 or so tonight.  There was a fire in the woods in the Ormond Beach area as we were driving home Sat. afternoon.  Lots of smoke and wind.  Later in the day the interstate was closed, so we were glad we made it by 3PM.
Later,
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

How interesting to hear that you had news of "our" earthquake on your local news. It was a sad day for Canterbury, remembering all that loss of life and devastation. The city center is still cordoned off and a huge number of buildings have been demolished. Lots of empty sections everywhere and not much sign of the rebuild yet. A huge amount of work has been done underground, sewrage pipes , water mains, that sort of thing.Hard to get from A to B as roads get cordoned off at random it seems ! We will have a grand new city one day but I'm not sure that I will still be around to see it !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home