Wednesday, October 19, 2011

checking in . . .

Last month, my DH had a convention in Florida, and after I got back home I haven't come up for air until now. Also, I got to meet our BB Chat board's own Sara in FL while we were down there!!! :-) She had told me about a quilt show nearby, during some emails before our trip, and I was lucky enough to get to meet Sara at the show! It's always nice to meet a fellow BB'er and this was another wonderful opportunity for me. Sara was surprised at how tall I am (LOL) but there is no way to know it from the internet. :-)

The quilt show was wonderful. (Thank you again, Sara, for telling me about it!) Oh my, what gorgeous quilts. The Florida influence was a delightful treat for the eyes. Most of the quilts had bright, sunny colors, there were a lot of beach themes, palm trees, shells, all very normal for this part of the country. It was visually refreshing because they were so different from what we make in my own area.

A friend of mine came along (we only see each other at these conventions and related trips) and even though she is not a quilter, she wanted more time to see all the quilts. I was more than happy to oblige, and then we had to run back to the convention, as our DHs were getting out of sessions and we each had our plans with the hubbies.
Florida was nice, but humid. My hair went crazy.(LOL) I had a lovely time taking beach walks every day, and saw a waterspout one day, several miles away from the shore. We had great food and a very nice time.

After we got home, I started making baby gifts. A friend of mine is going to be a first-time grandmother, so I made some burp cloths, then embroidered them and a bib.
My DIL's sister is due to have her baby this week, so I machine embroidered some bibs, as a baby gift for her and her DH for those times the grandchild comes to visit them. This is all really practice for me, in case I am ever a grandmother one day. Finding good pre-folded cloth diapers (for the burp cloths) is getting to be a challenge. I cleaned out one Target shelf of their "Premium 6-ply" type and am glad I did. What they now carry has a layer of polyester in the middle section.....and the lightweight birdseye ones are rather flimsy and won't catch much baby spitup, IMO. DH wondered why I was buying all these diapers, poor man, and I explained that I need a diaper stash! He rolled his eyes and surrendered. LOL

Rosey P - How is Jock mending? The whole experience sounds frightening, but it will give him something to talk about for a long time, but something you would rather not have ever happened, I am sure. And poor Geordie! Is he good as new, or did his stroke disable him a bit? I often wondered if Alex had suffered some TIA strokes, what with his dementia and all.

Cold weather here today! 47F is our high and we might see some frost over the next few nights. Good grief,,, it was 84F on Sunday! I've been putting away summer clothes and bringing down the winter stuff.

Well,,, miss Sophie is giving me "the look". The one that says, "I dont'care if it's 47F outside, I neeeeed to go out." Oh the joys of being owned by a dog.
Hugs to everyone, and stay warm!

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Don't forget the myriad studies that show that pet owners (especially mammal pets; don't know about boa constrictors)outlive our contemporaries over all. I know my brats keep me hiking even in today's rain. Not enough rain though. My weather, as usual, is 24 hours behind yours and the temperature is dropping like a rock right now.

Well, I'm getting the "I'm starving" look from the beasies.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home