Monday, August 22, 2011

2 thumbs up for "The Help"

If you want to go see a good movie run, don't walk to see "The Help". It would help if you've read the book, but even if not it is a wonderful movie. There were some parts left out that would have added to the "feel" of the south, the cotton farms, etc. but overall it was an A. For those of us over 60, the furnishings, the older cars, the soda shop will look familiar. I loved the old stoves in the kitchens.
Having said that I'm keeping an eye on the Weather Chanel for Irene. We need rain in Fla. but not anything over a Cat. 1 Hurricane. Will wait until Wed. to see if I need to get the potted plants, porch furniture, bird feeders, etc. inside the garage.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I read the book, so won't go see the movie. I never do, as once I have in my mind how a character looks or sounds, the movie version is always different. Then I want to stand up and shout "No, you've got it all wrong, that's not what they look like." LOL So if I've read a book I never see the movie. ;o)
Oh, and I did enjoy the book!

I hope you will get some rain. I told DH that something like that will be enough for me to cancel my trip to FL next month.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home