Sunday, February 4, 2007

Yes Rosey...your temps would be considered balmy by me!.....we are in a deeper than heck cold freeze....the actual temp is -37Celsius with a windchill of about -50 give or take a couple of degrees.....tomorrow morning the windchill factor is supposed to 'rise' to -47 Celsius....needless to say the outdoor trips are few and far between but are still done, especially with the Yorkie gang....it is surprising what you do get used to I guess but it will never be comfortable....I have even let the kids back home in N/Western Ontario complain about their temps and windchill factor, tho they aren't as bad as this!

Have been doing lots of quilting the past couple of days....DH's office has been very busy and lots of uncertainties in a lot of areas so the quilting is my way of coping....now if I could apply some of the tension energy to some housecleaning it would be a good thing too! But we did make perogies today and I have declared that I will never do it again by myself....DH did the potato filling last night and helped with the rolling and pinching of them so we managed to get about 10 dozen into the freezer and cooked a couple of dozen for supper....he's not sure that my declaration is legal or not!!

Glad to see that this chat site is up and running and so many supporting it....it will be good without spam or anon posters......thanks so much Eric and Sue...

Off to do an outside round with the dogs and then tuck myself into bed...DH has crashed on the downstairs sofa and I will leave him there rather than wake him.....

1 Comments:

At February 5, 2007 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

Golly Heather, stay warm up there! Bad enough here and we were snowed in again until noon on Saturday until the plow came by. I rather enjoy the winter for it's peace and stillness. Won't be saying that by April if it's still cold though! Don't open any mail from Jean. It will be pics of her flowers. LOL
Celia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home