Monday, February 5, 2007

I'm here too

This is just a note to say that I'm here too. I thought some of you might be interested in my latest "weirdness."
I'm also extremely grateful to live in Alabama. It is cold here (for us), but nowhere near as bad as some of you are experiencing. I recently found out that I produce histamines in response to cold. Therefore, exposed skin breaks out in hives. I didn't believe it either, but I looked it up on line, and then asked my allergist. He didn't even blink, just wrote it down in my chart.
It doesn't even have to be that cold...I went swimming in my father's swimming pool over fall break. The water temperature was 76 degrees, and it was 85 F outside. We came to Alabama when I was 17, many years ago, but I remember swimming in the spring in Illinois, and the water was a lot colder then. I was swimming around enjoying the water, after the initial shock of course, and looked down to see that I was covered in hives. Fortunately, I live on antihistamines 24-7, so they hives went away as soon as I got warm.
I don't know how I made this print so big. New technology...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home