Monday, February 5, 2007

Love the format

But I'll have to be careful - both the chat and the quiting page show up on my dashboard, along with my own blog - LOL I can see me posting to the wrong place until I learn to look before I post!

The super-cold weather is perfect for quilting the tops I pieced last summer, but it's too cold to crawl around on the floor to layer them. I'm making do by working on a wall-quilt sized Baltimore-ablum style hanging. The background is black, with hand-dyed batiks for the applique. One block is done, and all I can say is my applique skills are not on a par with my piecing.

At 5 a.m. it was -13, with wind chills around -35. The University did NOT cancel classes - I really think they should have. Those of us who are in the offices and drive to work shouldn't have a problem, but I feel so sorry for the students walking around our fairly large campus. We had a snow day just before Christmas; they may not want to close again.

Better get back to work!
Diane in WI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home