Monday, February 5, 2007

Howdy

I do hope you folks up north are staying indoors and staying warm. It was in the 60s here today, and I felt guilty to be walking around with just a sweater on. Our kids in MI have been keeping us posted on the snow and cold there.

I'm not sure which board is the correct one to tell you about our guild's Shop Hop this weekend. One of our members arranged a bus, and for $20 each we travelled all day to three different quilt shops here in south TX, as well as our local shop. We all got our passports stamped and dropped them in for the drawing for a new Janome sewing machine, and for other door prizes. The last shop, in Victoria, TX, gave out some prizes while we were there, and I won a packet of 9 fat quarters! I seldom win anything, so spent the ride home petting that packet. There were 47 of us on the bus. I got to know my seatmate, a new member who's a Winter Texan. She and I shared pictures and talked about quilting and family all day when we weren't in the shops. It was my first shop Hop and I loved it.

Pat in Rockport, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home