Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Does anyone know

why some of the names on the contributer's list appear to be "grayed out?" It seems to be my name and Judy Martin, and the rest of the names are a darker pink.

We're a quarter of the way through the second semester! Progress reports go out tomorrow. I'm attaching a letter specifically telling the parents what their children can do to improve their grades, in the hopes of avoiding having to call 75 parents. Some of the notes will actually make it home! I don't mind calling parents, if necessary, but telling each and every parent that their darling has not bothered to do his daily work or homework gets a little old. Besides, this way they have my email address, which I included in large print and in bold type. Email is the greatest tool ever invented for contacting parents, when I can get their addresses.

For those who don't remember, I teach math at a very large (1200+) county high school located in a very small town in TN. I am on my second year there, after retiring from Alabama schools with twenty five years of service. Unfortunately, the commute is so long that I don't have much time to quilt.

Hugs and prayers!
Laura in Alabama

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2007 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

On my screen my name and Celia in NB are grayed out -so it might have something to do with people you have e-mailed? Just a guess. Joleen in MN

 
At February 7, 2007 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

On my computer screen my name and Annie's name are " grayed out".

I know that I have not officially signed in to this BB Chat page, I just tagged along with Eric's invitation in a comment, sort of slid in on Eric's coattails, so to speak. And yet I can post a new message. I guess I am a stealth BB Chatter. LOL

Judy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home